GPI Labs is a full service materials testing, inspection and analytical lab which specializes in paint and coatings systems. We have has a full staff of highly qualified industry experts who have extensive knowledge in coating properties and analysis. We offer a vast array of testing techniques and services which include but are not limited to chemical analysis,mechanical properties, adhesion, accelerated weathering, corrosion testing, VOC, GC-MS analysis, slip and creep, heavy metals testing and much more.
GPI Labs offers failure investigation for coating systems and litigation services which can help draw conclusions on contamination and market claims of products.
An independent 3rd party testing lab, GPI is ISO 17025 accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA).
GPI Labs also offers test panel preparation. Our team takes panel prep and application very seriously as we know industry decisions are based off the test results from these plaques. We clean and coat test panels and plaques to exact specifications. We can make everything from bare substrates to panels with a complex paint application applied.
- Heavy metal testing including lead. chromium, cadmium, arsenic, selenium, silver, barium, and mercury
- TCLP toxicity characteristic leaching
- Acid digestions – air filters, paints, soils, and wipes
- Chemical analysis
- Slip & creep
- Cyclic weathering
- Salt spray
- Weathering/UV exposure
- Impact testing
- Tensile strength
- Volatile & nonvolatile contents of coatings
- FTIR analysis
- Viscosity testing
- Adhesion testing
- Density testing
- Flash point
- Test panel preparation and coating application
- GPI Labs can create custom test panels to meet your specifications. In addition to test panel prep, we can also provide in-house testing.
GPI Labs | 4403 Donker Ct. SE | Grand Rapids MI 49512 | Ph: 616-940-3112