GPI Labs is a full-service materials testing and analytical laboratory specializing in paint and coating systems. Our staff of highly qualified industry experts has extensive knowledge of protective coatings and product testing. We offer an array of techniques to characterize products’ chemical and physical properties and to evaluate their durability and functionality.
An independent 3rd party testing lab, GPI is accredited to ISO 17025 by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). Our testing services include product characterizations, environmental heavy metals, physical testing, forensic investigations, and accelerated weathering.
Accurate physical testing and accelerated weathering starts with quality surface preparation and coating application. Our technicians can prepare and coat the test panels required for almost any testing project.
Not all testing listed above is included in our A2LA Scope of Accreditation. Please consult A2LA Certificate Number 5033.01 for a list of our accredited tests.
Chemical Analysis of Products
- Metals Content of paint, coatings, abrasive, and soil
Our A2LA accreditation does not meet the environmental testing requirements of NELAP or NLLAP
Slip & creep
- RCSC Specifications
- Structural Joints Using High-Strength Bolts
- ASTM B117
- ASTM G85
- ISO 9227
Volatile & nonvolatile contents of coatings
- ASTM D4541
- ASTM D3359
- ISO 2409
- ISO 4624
Custom Testing Coupons to meet your project specifications
- Welded elements
- Various substrates (Carbon Steel, Aluminum, Weathering Steel, Stainless, etc.)
- New or weathered surfaces
- Wide range of abrasives available
- Surface cleanliness and anchor profile to meet project needs
- Experienced application technicians
- HVLP, Airless, Conventional, and Plural Component Airless Spray Equipment
- Environmental chambers available for controlled curing conditions
GPI Labs | 4403 Donker Ct. SE | Grand Rapids MI 49512 | Ph: 616-940-3112